Dynamics of Sexually Victimized Children
If you respond to and investigate child abuse cases, this course is for you. Ever wonder why child victims recant, why they don’t tell sooner, or why they behave the way they do after the abuse?
The course is designed to provide vital information on the following topics and more:
- Child sexual abuse statistics
- Stages of victimization
- Traumatic sexualization — behaviors and outcomes
- The victim/offender continuum
- Dissociative and maladaptive behaviors
- Normal versus abnormal (neglect-effected) brain development
- Defense mechanisms
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered, and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.