Substance Abuse Behind the Badge
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
- Define substance abuse from several different components;
- Recognize the signs and symptoms associated with substance abuse (i.e., alcohol, prescription and nonprescription drugs);
- Understand personal risks for substance abuse;
- Comprehend contributing factors for substance abuse;
- Seek out professional assistance for substance abuse;
- Learn how to interact with health care providers;
- Develop positive coping skills to decrease substance abuse;
- Work on recognizing those in need of professional assistance; and
- Build a knowledge base and skill set of resources necessary to help other law enforcement personnel who may be substance abusers.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.