Stress, Anxiety Disorders and PTSD
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of stress and anxiety disorders;
- Recognize different kinds of stress (acute, chronic, eustress and distress);
- Define good and bad stress, anxiety and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD);
- Recognize the signs and symptoms associated with good and bad stress, anxiety disorders and PTSD;
- Identify personal risks factors;
- Know when to seek out assistance;
- Learn how to interact with health care providers when asking questions about these and other stress and anxiety disorders;
- Devise new coping strategies to reduce stress and anxiety;
- Recognize correlations between stress, anxiety disorders, depression and suicide.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.