Personal Protection Baton Tactics
The PPBT® “Personal Protection Baton Tactics” program is designed for public safety officers who deal with conflict or potential violence. This includes corporate security, federal, state and local law enforcement organizations, contract security companies, academic or healthcare law-enforcement and security, corrections, military police, probation and parole, bail enforcement, and executive protection.
Through a combination of Practical Exercises and Classroom instruction you will learn how to:
- Identify the stages of conflict in order to: recognize the threat, reduce the threat, and determine how and when to use force.
- Apply state-of-the-art tactical concepts such as: Proper Defensive Positions, Methods of Movement, Drawing Techniques, Baton Shielding, Baton Counter-Strikes, and Baton Retention. Avoid liability suits through: Certified training, understanding the effects of police batons, identifying factors which justify baton use, and proper baton incident documentation.
- The PPBT® “Personal Protection Baton Tactics” training program is non-product specific straight and expandable baton training program. Once trained and certified the officer and agency choose the brand and design of straight or expandable baton that fits their needs. ***This course does not address the use of side-handle batons
- History of the Police Baton
- Baton Nomenclature
- Resistance and Control Management
- Officer and Individual Factors/ Escalation Through the Levels of Control
- Recognizing the Threat
- Elements of Reporting Resistance and Control
- Agency Policies and Procedures
- Reasonable Target Selection
- Target Areas
- Principles of Balance, Movement, Center and Reaction Time
- Relative Positioning
- Science of Energy and Motion
- Three Ranges of Physical Combat
- Angles of Attack and Defense
- Baton Grips and Ready Postitions
- Baton Drawing Techniques
- Baton Counter-Strikes
- Baton Shielding
- Baton Retention
- Methods of Instruction (Instructor Course)
Dress in comfortable clothing suitable for intense physical activity.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered, and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.