Police Stress: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
- Define stress, anxiety, acute stress and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD);
- Understand the link between anxiety, stress, acute stress disorders and PTSD;
- Recognize stress and anxiety disorders;
- Distinguish between different kinds of stress (acute, chronic, eustress and distress);
- Define good and bad stress, anxiety and PTSD;
- Identify personal risks factors for stress, anxiety and PTSD;
- Understand the importance of seeking assistance;
- Learn how to interact and communicate with health care providers when asking questions about these and other stress and anxiety disorders;
- Devise new/positive coping strategies to reduce stress and anxiety; and
- Recognize correlations between stress, anxiety disorders, depression and suicide.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.