Patrol Rifle Instructor Certification
Department weapons and use-of-force trainers, take your skills and abilities to a new level. The addition of the semiautomatic rifle has increased the effectiveness of the patrol officer, but it also offers challenges to the trainer. This five-day class is mentally and physically demanding, so participants must be in good physical condition. Some days will run longer than 8 hours, and the course includes two evening events. Our 40-hour firearms instructor school is a useful precursor to this program but not a requirement.
- Sighting, zeroing and carries
- Loading, unloading and reloading
- Training and range safety
- Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and weapon retention
- Stoppages and failure drills
- Fighting in low light
- Instructional techniques
- Partner and team tactics
Bring the following equipment:
- Semiautomatic rifle with a minimum of three 20-round magazines and sling
- 2,000 rounds of factory ammunition
- Duty or tactical gear, including armor
- Service pistol with 200 rounds minimum
- Hearing and wrap-around eye protection
- High-intensity flashlight
- Clothing for all weather conditions
- Personal hydration equipment
- Elbow/knee pads and ball cap encouraged
Note on ammunition: Ball ammo only to conserve steel targets. Velocity will not exceed 3,000 fps. No ballistic tip, polycarbonate, V-Max or SS-109 NATO (62 grain) ammunition.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.