Officer Health and Wellness
Law enforcement officers are expected to respond to life threatening activities with little more than a moment’s notice and the hope is they will survive the encounter. The effects of a healthy lifestyle, of having an appropriate fitness regimen and of establishing good nutritional habits their relationship to your survival will be discussed. It is these things that directly affect your longevity and your ability to effectively fulfill your professional law enforcement duties. As an officer, you are in a profession that causes more life-risks than just being shot in the line-of-duty! This program will help develop an understanding in an officer’s wellness including a discussion about mental health risks that officers faced.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have earned one (1) hour of Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) continuing education in Technical Studies, meeting the requirement for Officer well-being, including mental health awareness. The fee for this course is $15. Payment will be collected during the enrollment process.
If you have any questions, please call us at 800-825-6505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missouri POST License
You will need your POST license number to enroll in and complete this course. If you do not know your license number, click here for instructions. If you already know your number, continue to Enrolling in the course.
Enrolling in the course
- Click here to enroll.
- On the first page, click the "Enroll" button at the bottom.
- You will be presented with a page that asks you to create a passport or enter a username and password.
- If you do not have an extension passport, click the “Create Passport” button.
- This runs you through two pages and will create your passport and enroll you.
- You will receive a confirmation page stating you have enrolled.
- Follow that link and bookmark it. It will be the Moodle site login page.
- There are instructions on the site home page that will tell you how to get to the actual course.