Crisis Intervention Online
As law enforcement professionals we are faced with challenging and stressful situations each day. Often times when we are called we are contacting individuals when they are at their worst, and often in crisis. This course will provide you with an understanding of a person being in a crisis and intervention techniques that may be helpful when responding to a person in crisis. This course covers the POST topical requirement of Tactical training to include de-escalation techniques, crisis management, critical thinking and social intelligence as part of the core curricula area of Interpersonal Perspectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive one (1) hour of continuing education credit in the area of Interpersonal Perspectives, meeting the requirement in the topic area of Tactical training to include de-escalation techniques, crisis management, critical thinking and social intelligence. The fee for this course is $15. Payment will be collected during the enrollment process.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-825-6505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missouri POST License
You will need your POST license number to enroll in and complete this course. If you do not know your license number, click here for instructions. If you already know your number, continue to Enrolling in the Course.
Enrolling in the course
- Click here to enroll.
- On the first page, click the "Enroll" button at the bottom.
- You will be presented with a page that asks you to create a passport or enter a username and password.
- If you do not have an extension passport, click the “Create Passport” button.
- This runs you through two pages and will create your passport and enroll you.
- You will receive a confirmation page stating you have enrolled.
- Follow that link and bookmark it. That will be the Moodle site login page.
- There are instructions on the site home page that will tell you how to get to the actual course.