Police officers respond to a variety of calls varying from a noise complaint to a traumatic event including loss of life. Many of the times that police are called it is to settle a disagreement between two people. It is inevitable that at some point people are going to disagree over their values, ideas or desires. This creates conflict between the parties involved. We are called to resolve that conflict. This course is designed to develop an understanding of the obstacles blocking resolution. It will increase understanding of active listening skills and methods that can be used to help resolve a conflict. The student will also gain an understanding of sympathy, empathy and questions that can be useful in conflict resolution.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have earned one (1) hour of Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) continuing education in Technical Studies, meeting the requirement for tactical training to include de-escalation techniques, crisis management, critical thinking and social intelligence. The fee for this course is $15. Payment will be collected during the enrollment process.
If you have any questions, please call us at 800-825-6505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missouri POST License
You will need your POST license number to enroll in and complete this course. If you do not know your license number, click here for instructions. If you already know your number, continue to Enrolling in the course.
Enrolling in the course
- Click here to enroll.
- On the first page, click the "Enroll" button at the bottom.
- You will be presented with a page that asks you to create a passport or enter a username and password.
- If you do not have an extension passport, click the “Create Passport” button.
- This runs you through two pages and will create your passport and enroll you.
- You will receive a confirmation page stating you have enrolled.
- Follow that link and bookmark it. It will be the Moodle site login page.
- There are instructions on the site home page that will tell you how to get to the actual course.