Career Survival for Law Enforcement
Law enforcement is a challenging vocation, and it is becoming more so every day. Officers face a constant threat to their physical safety and survival, but physical survival is only one of the things that can end a police career. Professional, emotional and personal survival can be equally important to an officer in completing his or her career on their terms. This two-hour course examines the many ways that law enforcement careers end. There is an examination of the ways that the existing police culture can feed into a hyper vigilant mentality that can lead to the development of a singular identity that can be personally and professionally destructive. You will be presented with various methods and strategies to confront these challenges to emerge at the end of their career intact — physically, emotionally and personally.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have earned two (2) hours of Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) continuing education in Interpersonal Perspectives, meeting the requirement for Officer well-being, including mental health awareness. The fee for this course is $10. Payment will be collected during the enrollment process.
If you have any questions, please call us at 800-825-6505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missouri POST License
You will need your POST license number to enroll in and complete this course. If you do not know your license number, click here for instructions. If you already know your number, continue to Enrolling in the course.
Enrolling in the course
- Click here to enroll.
- On the first page, click the "Enroll" button at the bottom.
- You will be presented with a page that asks you to create a passport or enter a username and password.
- If you do not have an extension passport, click the “Create Passport” button.
- This runs you through two pages and will create your passport and enroll you.
- You will receive a confirmation page stating you have enrolled.
- Follow that link and bookmark it. It will be the Moodle site login page.
- There are instructions on the site home page that will tell you how to get to the actual course.