Mental Illness Within the Ranks
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
- Define mental illness;
- Recognize the signs and symptoms associated with mental and varying degrees of mental illness;
- Understand personal risks for mental illness;
- Comprehend contributing factors;
- Seek out appropriate assistance for issues dealing with mental illness;
- Learn how to interact with health care providers when asking questions regarding mental illness;
- Recognize the need for professional assistance;
- Assist in reducing the stigmas attached to mental illness; and
- Contribute to a knowledge base of resources necessary to assist other law enforcement personnel who may be suffering from some form of mental illness.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.