Mid-Missouri Major Case Squad Training
Become certified as a member of the Mid-Missouri Major Case Squad during this 3-day training. The squad was formed in the early 1970s and helps local law enforcement agencies provide a saturation of investigators when a major crime has been committed, which helps successfully clear the crime. The deployment of the squad allows the requesting agency to perform daily duties while still devoting full attention to the major crime that has occurred within their jurisdiction.
The squad includes Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Cole, Cooper, Gasconade, Howard, Moniteau, Montgomery and Osage counties along with Troop F of the Missouri State Highway Patrol and all law enforcement agencies within the 10-county region.
Topics include the following:
- Management of major case investigations
- Major case management difficulties
- Team approach to major crime scenes
- DNA technology
- Major case and the prosecutor’s officer
- Computer voice stress analysis
- Forensic applications
- Dealing with the media
- Search methods for physical evidence
- Search warrant writing
- Impact of social media on investigations
- Basic interview and interrogation techniques
- Basic photography
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered, and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.