DWI Blood Draws and Legal Review
In this one-day course, learn about the following topics:
- Conducting a legal blood draw for DWI enforcement cases
- The legal issues surrounding blood draws and implied consent
- Preparing a search warrant
- Alcohol consumption, alcohol elimination rates and plasma vs. whole-blood analysis
- Widmark's formula, a method to calculate blood alcohol concentration
You must pass a written test and complete a search warrant at the end of class to obtain a certificate.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered, and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.