Offered through FORCE Concepts
Get it "write"! Proven training for the most scrutinized report.
Assaults against on-duty law enforcement officers have steadily increased, and as an officer, you are faced with the prospect of being seriously assaulted. Because of this ever-present threat, you need to be able to provide valid, defensible documentation of use-of-force incidents. This class benefits every officer ranging from patrol to command staff.
In this class, you will receive information and instruction on how to:
- Reduce individual and agency liability.
- Organize, format and collect field notes.
- Explain force target, tool and time decisions.
- Write force reports using quantifiable details.
- Use writing strategies that emphasize key points.
- Review force reports for clarity and accuracy.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.