Depression on the Force
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
- Define depression;
- Recognize the signs and symptoms associated with depression;
- Understand personal risks for depression;
- Comprehend contributing factors of depression;
- Know how to seek out assistance for depression;
- Learn how to interact with health care providers when asking questions about depression;
- Develop positive coping mechanisms to decrease risks of depression;
- Work on recognizing those in need of professional assistance; and
- Build a knowledge base and skill set of resources necessary to help other law enforcement personnel who may be suffering silently from depression.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.