A guide for investigators
Whether you’re an investigator or first responder, this death investigation class will give you the basic knowledge to investigate any death you respond to. We will discuss a variety of different types of deaths that you may encounter during your career. You will be taught a systematic process for handling and investigating the scene of the death.
Topics to be covered include the following:
- investigative techniques to investigate all deaths
- how to determine the time of death
- the stages of body decomposition
- how to determine the causation of injuries
Classification of deaths we will discuss include the following:
- blunt and sharp force trauma
- firearm deaths
- death by natural causes
- drug- and alcohol-related deaths
- suicide and unusual occurrences
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered, and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.