ASP Instructor Certification (AIC)
Learn the skills necessary to become a certified ASP instructor. As an ASP Instructor, you can conduct ASP Basic Certification (ABC) classes for your agency. The AIC is a 24-hour integrated baton, restraint and light seminar. You will be trained to instruct ABC classes in the operational use of the ASP tactical products that focus on carrying, drawing and striking techniques of the ASP Tactical Baton, restraint application and lighting use techniques.
This course is a physically demanding course. The following guidelines are offered by ASP, Inc. for the selection of individuals to participate in the upcoming ASP Instructor Training Program. These criteria are general guidelines only. The final responsibility for selection of instructors rests with the individual’s agency:
- No known heart or lung problems
- No known bone or joint disorders
- No history of back problems
- Able to perform a one-mile run in 12 minutes
- Able to do 25 push-ups consecutively
- Able to perform 50 bent leg sit-ups in consecutive order
Personal training equipment
Each individual participating in the class must have the following equipment:
- Pants that will accommodate a belt and duty gear, such as BDUs
- Shoes with good lateral and linear support (not running shoes)
- Equipment belt
- ASP Tactical Baton
- ASP SideBreak Scabbard
- Whistle and lanyard
No functional firearms are allowed at the training.
If you hold an ASP Basic or Instructor certification, enclose a copy of your certification with your registration.
Each time this seminar is offered, details such as dates, time, location, registration fees, continuing education units (CEUs) offered and relevant instructor information will be available on the registration form found in the calendar.